Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm Baaaack and CVS

I have no idea what I was doing for 2 months, but I'm back!! I've been couponing and saving, but my house is embarassingly messy and I can't remember the last time I tried a new recipe (except for a braised fennel one that made me gag two nights ago). But, here goes to a summer of house-wife goodness!

I heart school supplies. In "You've Got Mail", Tom Hanks says to Meg Ryan (via email, no less), "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address". A man after my own heart...

I digress. CVS is starting to have great deals on school supplies, and I was the first one through the doors this morning to get my fill! Here's how I did (reminder: ECBs is a CVS store credit):

Portfolio Folders: Usually $0.59 each, on sale for $0.05
No Coupon --> Total Price: 10 for $0.50

Bic Pens: Uusually $1.99, on sale for $0.99
No Coupon --> Total Price: 3 for $2.97
Earned $2.97 in ECBs --> Free!

Rulers: Usually $1.19, on sale for $0.99
No Coupon --> Total Price: 2 for $1.98
Earned $1.98 in ECBs --> Free!

Scissors: $2.99 each
No Coupon --> Total Price: 2 for $5.98
Earned $5.98 in ECBs --> Free!

Notebooks: Usually $2.29, on sale for $0.99
No Coupon --> Total Price: 2 for $1.98
Earned $1.98 in ECBs --> Free!

Glue: $0.99 each
No Coupon --> Total Price: 2 for $1.98
Earned $1.98 in ECBs --> Free!

8-Hour Tylenol: Usually $5.99, on sale for $3.99
Used $2 Coupon --> New Price: $1.99
Earned $3 ECBs --> -$1.01 (aka: Money Maker)


Gillete Fusion Razor: Usually $9.99, on sale for $7.99
Used $4 Coupon --> New Price: $3.99 Earned $4 ECBs --> Free!

Total for items without sale prices/coupons= $44.06
Total for items using sale prices and coupons= $22.66 (incl tax)
Used $9.93 in ECBs from last week
Final Price= $12.73
Total ECBs Earned= $21.89 ($9 more than I spent!)


So, what am I going to do with this stuff?? We will definitely use some of it and the rest is marked for donation!

1 comment:

mama celoni said...

Welcome back!!!! I've missed you. Glad you are finding normal again. Somthing Kim and Eric seek. Actually, they got a big dose of normal this week because Kim was soooo sick - too sick to go ring shopping - that is sick.
I saved all the school supply coupons for tomorrow. I can't wait. But....I have to admit....Angelina is going back to school - to be a teacher so this will be the 48th fall I have been involved with 'back to school' and I can't say I am really up for it. But I'm always up for a good buy!! Have a blessed week. Love Llin