Monday, August 24, 2009

Dish Towels

Kitchen linens hold a special place in my heart. I can (and frequently do) visit home stores for hours just looking at the different options for table cloths, napkins, and towels. I invision when I would use each one, what I'd wear to match (seriously), and the meal that would go perfectly. Without doing much, linens can change the look and feel of your kitchen. And, high-end linens make me giddy... there is just something wonderful about these beautiful pieces. The colors, designs, textures, and shape somehow endure. I know- I sound crazy.


Anyway, the nice linens come at a price... the beautiful Le Jacquard Francais towles below run $20 a piece. Sure, $20 isn't bad. But, when you think about stocking your kitchen with 10 of them and then consider replacing them as stains require, it's a few hundred a year- on dish towels!! This doesn't include napkins, table clothes, or dish cloths (yes, there is a difference). So, I skip this little luxury because sadly, I live in reality.








One of my favorite "cheaper" towels are Willaim Sonoma dish towels. I've had mine about 5 years now and while some are looking rough, most have held up extraordinarily well. And, they're (only) $18/4.
While I was in Dallas a few weeks back, I popped into William Sonoma while waiting for a sweet friend at the mall. And, to my delight- they were on sale for $4.29/4!!! They had 2 colors of towels: green/pink, which I will save to use next summer, and a white/sage which is already at use in our kitchen. I am super delighted with my purchase :)

No comments: