Monday, February 2, 2009

This Week at CVS

I mentioned before that I'm starting to really love shopping at CVS. Why? Because they have the greatest Customer Loyalty program and I'm racking up free items :) When you purchase certain items with your member's card, you get an ECB (Earned Cash Back... it's literally like a gift certificate for a future CVS purchase). Here's what I purchased today:

Gillette Shampoo
Cost: $5.99 (used a $2 coupon) --> $3.99
Earned ECB: $3.00

Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Rinse
Cost: $6.99 (used a $2 coupon) --> $4.99
Earned ECB: $4.00
I purchased two of these (and used two coupons) so that I could actually get money back with a $10 mail-in-rebate. Thanks, BeCentsAble!

** I also had $3 worth of ECBs (gift certificate to CVS) that I used during my purchase.

Total without coupons: $19.97
Total with coupons: $10.97
Earned ECB's: $11
MIR Check:$10

If you consider ECB's like cash (I do because I use them on things we actually need...), we paid nothing for these 3 items and actually made $10! So, in a small, small way- it's like I was paid to shop :)

No comments: